Here they are BEFORE:
Pottery Barn has burlap chandelier shades on sale now, 3 for $39.00. But I don't have $80.00 to spend updating my chandy!
This is what the thrift store shades looked like before I started my handy work:
I spread out my burlap, placed the chandelier shade on it's side and starting at the existing seam, I rolled it along the burlap and drew a line marking where I needed to cut. I don't have a photo of this, unfortunately. I don't have enough hands! But it is pretty simple if you start at the seam and end at the seam. I did the same thing for the top and bottom. I cut out the burlap, leaving a little extra fabric at the top and bottom as well as some overlap at the seam end, to be safe. Then I took the spray adhesive and sprayed the outside of the chandelier shade liberally (I know that's a dirty word to some of you, sorry ;) ) and pressed the burlap to the shade. I hot glued at the seam to hold it on and trimmed the excess from the bottom with little scissors. I folded the burlap over the top edge and hot glued it down there also.
Here is what they looked like at this point:
Now it's time for some trim:
|I wrapped the single fold, BIAS TAPE along the top and bottom edge and hot glued it down. The end was cut at a diagonal because that just looks so much prettier!|
AND HERE THEY ARE AFTER: