-

1/29/12

Welcome to our new pantry space


 
IT'S FINALLY DONE...
Pin It
And organized.  Aaaahhhh.  Now that feels nice!

Scott created the built-ins with wood we had hanging about.  We painted the shelving white and I painted the back wall a soft green color.  Nothing fancy.  Just practical.  ;)

 


I added wicker bins and baskets so I could organize things by category:  meal components, crackers & chips, snacks & treats, and the one at the very bottom holds our paper plates, plastic utensils, napkins and baggies.  The very top shelf holds baking supplies.

 
Pin It
After the first built-in was done we realized we needed more space, so Scott added the second built in to go further into the angle of the closet.  There was only so much we could purge without tossing things we'll need.
I brought in a wire rolling cart for all the miscellaneous and canned foods.  It's very narrow so it fits perfectly against the wall.
I used up a good portion of my wicker to organize this space.  The tote at the end holds all of the extra paper shopping bags. 


I put up one of our new handmade chalkboards.  This one I jazzed up a bit with some jute strung across the top and attached with upholstery nails.  AND Seven little clothespins ~ one for each day of the week.  I went to BHG.com and printed up a bunch of labels with our favorite main course meals on them.  It was easy...go HERE if you want to make your own. 


Pin It

I didn't worry about sides or desserts.  Maybe I'll add those later.  I like this chalkboard here ~ I can jot down the ingredients I will need as I plan my weeks menus.  When we use the last of something, we can write it on the board as a reminder.

Pin It


Alex helped make these tags.  Next time I think I will print the labels on sticky address labels so we can just peel and stick them.  That would have been so much quicker.


I love these mini clothespins.  I wrote the days of the week on them with a fine tip marker.  I'm not looking for anything extravagant...I like utilitarian...especially in this type of space.


Big Improvement, huh!

More to come tomorrow when I reveal the LAUNDRY ROOM



Previous posts about this space:

http://ponderedprimedperfected.blogspot.com/2012/01/good-day-2012-nice-to-finally-make-your.html
http://ponderedprimedperfected.blogspot.com/2012/01/storage-under-stairs.html
http://ponderedprimedperfected.blogspot.com/2012/01/imagine-impossibilities-challenge.html
http://ponderedprimedperfected.blogspot.com/2012/01/imagine-impossibilities-challenge-take.html
http://ponderedprimedperfected.blogspot.com/2012/01/well-stocked-pantry-p3-style.html
http://ponderedprimedperfected.blogspot.com/2012/01/imagine-impossibilities-challenge-take_23.html


We are so glad you've stopped by and we hope you've enjoyed your time here. We would LOVE IT if you wanted to follow along with us. You can follow by clicking Google Friend Connect on the sidebar or typing in your email address. You can even friend Pondered Primed Perfected on Facebook and Pinterest.

We love making new friends!!!

50 comments :

  1. You go girl!! I finished my basement - now I need you to come do my pantry! See you at the party tomorrow!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's amazing! I'm going to have to get the thesaurus out so I can stop using the same old adjectives for your projects. I can't believe you got all that stuff in there and so attractive and practical! I am all about utilitarian like you. That's wonderful...I have a little whiteboard on my frig that I use like you use your chalkboard and then when I run out of something I write it down so when I make out my grocery list I don't forget anything. It's just me though so I don't need too much space! LOL! We had a terrible ice storm a few years ago and I didn't have electricity for 8 days and even though we have a little grocery store in town, they ran out of water, toilet paper, batteries and many every day items. I used to live in the country so I was prepared. I've always stocked up "for a rainy day" or an ice storm! Great job! I'm thrilled for you! You both must have such a sense of satisfaction. I'm proud to know you! I'll be bragging about you to my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing transformation! I love the new pantry and especially your chalkboard and menu pins. Such a clever idea! I'd love it if you'd share this project at my linkup party and giveaway, going on now @ the Delectable Home. And way to go on finishing your "impossible." I'll be sharing my sectional slipcover at the reveal parties tomorrow and looking for your project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just the organizing queen these days. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome! Come organize mine now? I like the clothespin weekly menu

    ReplyDelete
  6. This beats the heck out of my pantry! The baskets are such a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really looks great and very functional. We have an under stairway linen closet. Even with the odd space they can be very function. Not only is your's functional but very pretty. Love the clock and you tags, and little buckets. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration over at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an exceptional job with your pantry, the buckets and tags are extremely cute. Great job on your impossibility challenge. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, really great utilization of the space!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is completely GENIUS!!! Wow! Thanks so much for sharing at the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you guys have been BUSY!!!! Looks great. I'll never be that organized!!! (oh how I wish....)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome, Sherry! Wow! What a great use of space, organization and it's so pretty too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WONderful! THe baskets are a nice touch and the clothespin menu planner is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This came out sooo great Sherry! I love the chalkboard and dinner option cards! I think the wicker baskets give it a cohesive look with the clear bins and white shelves. Beautiful!!

    Thank you so much for linking up to the challenge!
    Karah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my pantry. Yours turned out great! I love the green wall color and the chalkboard is super cute!

    ~Jess @ makingoverthemartins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome! love the chalkboard with the pails hanging from it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so amazing! I absolutely love the menu tags and chalboard. Never have seen anything like that, and it is genius. I stopped by from the Home Decor and Organizing link party. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a great job! That space looks like it is being fully utilized now and it looks pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the built in shelves and painting them white makes it look so clean. Great chalk board and menu planner idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your panty turned out beautiful. It is so neat and organized. Love the chalkboard too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I covet your pantry! What great storage space and you're so organized! I love the little menu tags on the clothespins. What a cute idea. And the chalkboards are great. I have two etsy shops and should be working on them rather than blogging but blogging is so much more fun! I'm your newest follower and I hope you can pop over to Cottage and Creek and follow back. I'm having my first ever Choose Joy Giveaway so come on by and join the fun.
    Lynn
    Email: Lynn@nsytes.com
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stopped over from.... hmmm I forgot where I was when I saw your pantry pic. Anyway, are those rubbermaid containers, tuppware or ? .

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow! So nice and neat, I bet you just love going in there and staring at your food :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love staring at our food...I suppose that's better than eating it all...don't need that! Glad you stopped by :)

      Delete
  24. Huge improvement. You have to love it. The tags were great. Thanks for linking this up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  25. Impressive pantry! I'm feeling inspired to work on mine...soon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, how very pretty ... and I never thought I'd use that particular word when commenting on a pantry! That closepin menu idea is brilliant!

    Thanks so much for joining our Impossibilities challenge!

    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. perfect my friend! just perfect!!!! I love the chalk board and really just everything!
    :o)
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow--what a great job! Everything looks so nice. I love when things are organized--it actually helps me to think so much CLEARER! Adorable little rack, too! Where did you find it? I've been searching for one like that for my bathroom linen closet--to hold extra supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I’m sorry I’ve not visited your Impossibility Challenge post before now – this working lark does get in the way of real life !!! Your pantry area looks really great now - so organised AND attractive too! I love the chalkboard...what a neat idea!
    Congratulations on making your impossibility possible!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great organization! Thanks for sharing all your tips at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's great~I love organized spaces & yours is the second pantry I've drooled over this week! I so need to get busy on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your menu planner! It would work really well for my boyfriend and I. We would need 2 tags. One for chili and one for 'throw a chicken in the crockpot'! haha

    I've got this pinned for my someday pantry make over

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is so awesome! I would love to have a space like that!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love this idea, since we also have an under the staircase area we are not utilizing. In this old house we need to find storage wherever we can. So I will be using this soon. The space I am thinking of is just off our kitchen, so it will really come in handy. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Party!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love it! I hate having any wasted space in a home! I'm so happy to have stumbled upon your blog tonight! I've just recently gotten back into blogging and am looking for new interests. I love all the photos. I'm a visual person! Can't wait to see what y'all do next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fabulous and organized!! Thanks for linking!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your space, not only organized but pretty to look at! If you have time, please come on over and link up at my party going on now, Sunday Blog Love.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your new pantry. I just found your blog and will spend time reading - and I'll be back again to visit often. I live nearby in your area. I always love to find new blog friends who have wonderful ideas to share.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  39. You are featured today at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great makeover! I have pantry closet envy *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  41. It turned out terrific. Best part is that you did it together.popping over from Potpourri Friday and sending Hugs and happy weekend wishes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  42. I've got Pantry Envy! I bet it stays that way too- so organized!

    ReplyDelete
  43. You have a walk-in pantry?! I have none. At all. Sigh. I love how you organized your space, especially the baskets. I'm also loving the chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  44. LOve it! Cute idea with the clothespins and food tags. Very nice.

    New follower via link friends.

    Melissa
    redflycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is officially cuter than any pantry is allowed to be! Come do mine next, ha ha! Great job Sherry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is darling! We had our pantry under the stair growing up but it was never this cute! I love you menu board :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. That looks amazing, oh I so wish mine was that sorted :)

    ReplyDelete