-

12/9/11

Stockings

Naptime was project time yesterday.  I had my new sewing machine out on the dining table and some cool vintage fabrics hanging about (Thanks again, Mom), so I thought I would try my hand at homemade stockings.  I threw in some vintage tassels and doilies, some remnants and burlap to make the stockings.  I whipped out six stockings, one for each of us including Sadie the dog and an extra for our daughters' boyfriend.  Hope he likes it.  :)  I am still in the process of creating six mini stockings to coordinate...just for fun.  My sewing skills are so horrid that I forgot to add some type of loop or string for hanging ~ so I think I'll add some buttons and twine for that today.  Maybe a fabric flower or two just to pretty them up.  But for now...here they are:




Hey!!!  If you've been following along you might notice that the craft cabinet's doors actually match the base now.  See, I am getting closer to finishing something.  ;)

*** I snuck in a peak at the radio cabinet that's been taking up so much of my Sweetheart's time.  I'm starting to get a little jealous!!!  (Not really...he always has plenty of attention left over for me!)

Hoping to reveal this radio cabinet VERY SOON...if it would only cooperate!!!

Happy Projects Everyone!  Hope you are enjoying this Christmas Season with family and friends.

Sherry

***UPDATE***
The stockings are finished!!!
Here they are with their little baby stockings.




Sharing At:
Folk Blog
http://cottagemagpie.com/
http://www.songbirdblog.com/

5 comments :

  1. Oh those ticking stockings with their little baby counterparts are gorgeous.
    I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute. I love the diversity of the materials, prints, colors, etc.

    Merry Christmas! plus your sewing talents look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stockings!! The baby counterparts are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stockings, and I love that they all go together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those stockings turned out beautiful! Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete