-

11/15/12

"Cheeky" Industrial Window Box



If you know me well you know this means I love you a whole "LATTE".  

There are a few things I love as much as my morning coffee...chocolate, wine and most importantly my family and friends.  Those would be the top ranking contenders anyway...not necessarily in that order.  

I guess it kinda depends on the day, wink wink!



We've had this plain wooden box forever.  It's a cd holder.  I'm not sure where we got it.  I think Scott may have had it before I came into the picture.  (I know...how did it even survive the "we-can-live-without-this-purge" that happened to Scott's stuff when we moved in together???  Scott is still searching for some of his bachelorhood belongings.  Sorry Honey.)


I painted it black.  Distressed it a bit.  I  only need to distress A BIT because everything ends up distressed in our house.  

I printed this saying on regular printer paper using several different font sizes then traced it onto the box with a ball point pen.  The wood is soft so that made this the easiest method.  Tracing left indentations for me to follow with my paint pen. I gave it a quick sanding to roughen it up a bit more.  I could have cut the words out on my Cricut to create a more polished look but...hey...I kinda like imperfections.  ;)

Added a couple of rusty old hinges I found in Scott's shop.  (Yeah, he'll be looking for those later too.  I'm sure lucky he loves me!)

Threw in my freshly cut wheat grass.



It seems an appropriate message sitting right here in the window next to my coffee station.  


And if it's a morning when I'm not feeling the inspiration so much...I'll just turn it around and have it say this...




15 comments :

  1. That's awesome Sherry! Everything here ends up looking distressed, but nothing is more distressed looking than moi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry this may be my favorite project of yours yet!! I love everything about it! Those hinges that add the industrial element are very cool. (Now I have to save old hinges!) I think I like the Think Outside the Box side the best! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! Love the color, the saying, the hinges, the wheat grass!!! Do you grow that yourself? It looks awesome in the window. Great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE this....simply gorgeous! Can you make one for me too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love that you can flip it around and change the message depending on your mood. :) I'd love if you came and linked up to my Show & Tell party. http://www.gingerlymade.com/2012/11/show-and-tell-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this BOX, Sherry! So fun! I love the grass! I love everything about it! So so sweet! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a change! I love it! Those hinges look awesome on it, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the "new" box! Both sides are fun! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sherry! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!
    Thanks so much for linking up and linking back last week at the Humble Brag! Even though its Black Friday, hope to see you back tomorrow to link up more great projects. Don't forget, we will be giving away more free ad space! :) Also, you were featured, so grab a button - you earned it!
    http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-8/

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cool! I love chalkboard painted just about anything and love the green grass poking out, very modern and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking box. I haven't grown wheat grass for the longest time! Makes me want to start some up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO cute. I love the rusty hinges, and is that REAL wheat grass? Lucky. All I have in my backyard is dead crabgrass. Not so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice! I found you through Roadkill Rescue! Great job on the transformation!

    DeDe@DesignedDecor

    ReplyDelete