-

2/7/13

Ryan Gosling step aside, my man can do 'Hey Girl' just as well!



You all have seen the Ryan Gosling 'Hey Girl' pictures on Pinterest, right?  Very funny stuff.  Ryan has a way of making us feel better about all the time we spend crafting, DIY-ing and blogging.  He reassures us that we haven't been neglecting our duties, or if we have he still loves us.  Yes, it's all very tongue in cheek.  If you haven't seen them there are a multitude when you Google Ryan Gosling just click the link to see more images


I just couldn't let this chance pass me by, so I quickly threw together my own version of some 'Hey Girl' posters...

Using Scott as my model, of course!

AND...



Scott and I don't usually go over the top to celebrate Valentines Day.  We try to have a nice dinner.  (If I'm lucky it's out somewhere so I don't have to cook it.)  But I've prepared some really special Valentines meals at home over the years.  

Maybe he gives me something chocolatey. 



Maybe I give him a special treat too ;)

I'm not very fond of the greeting card business and how much money the cards cost ~ so we skip those.  

We've gotten creative in the past.  One year I woke up and Scott had created a scavenger hunt throughout the house.  I spent a good time finding clues until I finally came to the hidden surprise...it was so sweet. 

Some years the day has blown by without either of us barely noticing it.  And that's okay too.  We try to show our love every day in the way that we treat each other.  I think that's so much more important than going all out on this commercial holiday.

 What do you do for Valentine's Day?
Do you think it's important?

26 comments :

  1. Loved it-- this is the best post party idea ever! So FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm with you, love happens here all year, but a box of chocolate some time around Feb. 14th always guarantees that special treat here too. ;)

    Bliss

    Hi Scott! You're a great sport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute...and no, we don't really go in for all the hoopla after all these years.
    It's just license for us to eat extra chocolate that day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha - Awesome hubs you have there, sledge hammer after dinner, I love it!! I'm not huge on Valentines day

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!! Pallets *and* sledgehammers...what a guy! :D

    Linking from Bliss Ranch,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol These are awesome! I'm loving all these fantastic posts, what a fun party. I love your memes!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny. Always good to have a man who enjoys pallet hunting! Thanks for joining in on this craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I feel sorry for your husband, but then again, if he is willing I can't hold any grudges. lol Enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Sherry! Wow what a great guy you have there...and good with power tools too...what a combo! I saw your post over at the "Hey, Girl" par-tay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO FUNNY. Yay for tolerant DIY husbands. :) Sounds like he's one of the best!

    Thanks so much for jumping in today's ridiculous party! haha!

    Kelly @ View ALong th eWay
    www.viewalongtheway.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha ha ha - "grab my sledgehammer". Breaks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! You did a Hey Girl! Hilarious! Particularly love the pallet one!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww....both the posters are awesome!! And, since it's more grounded in reality, it's more endearing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny pics! You and your husband make a cute couple, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Hey Girl Pictures... I should do some with my husbands face and then print it off and use it as a Valentine's Day card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So funny Sherry!!!! I love what you wrote at the end. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I SO agree with you about celebrating Valentine's Day. It's the every day that matters most..

    ReplyDelete
  18. We usually have a special dinner for Valentine's Day and not much more than that and it's perfect that way! (Stopping by from the Bloppy Bloggers - nice to meet you! )

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha! Love this! (and I so totally want to tear a wall down NOW that I really get this one!!)

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is the funniest one I have seen yet! I am still laughing over tearing the wall down! This is soooo me! Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha! Love this!!

    Have a wonderful day :)

    Jayma @ http://jaymastips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha, too funny! I'm your newest follower now too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So fun and cute! Our men are great sports!

    ReplyDelete