-

12/19/11

Moose Munch made with Microwave Caramel Corn

Is everybody else working on last minute shopping, crafting and treat making, like me? 

Christmas only comes around once a year and that gives us good reason to take a little extra time to make something, or do something nice for others.  I like to make a sweet and salty treat to share with our loved ones.   This year I thought I would make some more "Moose Munch", since it was so popular last year.  I discovered an amazing microwave caramel corn recipe that worked out fantastic, so it was a no-brainer to use that recipe again.  You can find the recipe by clicking HERE.  It is shockingly easy and delicious.  If you like caramel corn you really should try this!

Here's what you will need for the Moose Munch:

1 batch caramel corn (see recipe at RubyGlen.com )
5 oz. or about one half a bag mini marshmallows
1/2 cup roasted peanuts or honey roasted peanuts
1 bag milk chocolate chips
2 Tbsp oil

  1. Make popcorn (microwave popcorn works great) and put into a large, paper grocery bag (make sure you remove any unpopped kernels...nobody wants to bite one of those.
  2. Make Microwave Caramel Corn, following the recipe at RubyGlen.com
  3. Once caramel corn has cooled, break it apart and spread it onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. 
  4. Add mini marshmallows (I use one half of a 10.5 oz bag).
  5. Add peanuts (half a cup; more or less depending on preference!)
  6. In a glass container melt a bag of milk chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons of oil in the microwave.  Use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over the popcorn, marshmallows and peanuts.  Let cool.
  7. Once cool, break apart and put in pretty Christmas packages to give to friends, family and neighbors. 
Microwave popcorn cooling on cookie sheet...see my paper bag in the background?

Peanuts and marshmallows added

Chocolate drizzled on top


Don't forget to make enough for your family and yourself.  I have to make an extra batch just to stay in good graces with my family.  ;)

1 comment :

  1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I think your blog has so many good ideas (and I love that background with the wooden fence)!

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete