-

12/24/12

Pesto Pasta Salad ~ Easy and Extraordinary

Today I'm sharing my favorite pasta salad recipe with you.  It's so simple to make, but it tastes so delicious you won't believe how easy it is!   





Ingredients:
  • One Bag of "curly" Noodles (I used a 17.6 oz. bag of Radiatori noodles from Costco)
  • 10 oz. jar basil pesto (I used approximately 10 oz. of the Kirkland Pesto which comes in a big 22 oz size)
  • Small can of sliced olives, drained 
  • Approximately 1 cup of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
  • 1 jar or can of artichoke hearts (approx 14 oz.)
  • 1/2 cup Feta cheese crumbles
  • Optional:  1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preparation:


Cook your noodles according to package instructions.  
Drain and rinse. 
Add pesto sauce, sliced olives, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, Feta crumbles and chopped walnuts.  Cut any extra large pieces of artichoke hearts into bite sized pieces.
Stir well.
Serve either warm or cold, as a side dish.
Add grilled chicken breast strips and it becomes a delicious main course meal.


My family fights over this, it's that good.  It has become my favorite side dish to take to family gatherings and pot lucks.  I hope you give it a try and enjoy.

Merry Christmas!

12 comments :

  1. This salad looks fantastic but I love anything with pesto.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pesto is absolutely the BEST! Thanks Traci :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! I came across your recipe on the Gooseberry Patch blog hop and immediately decided I needed to make it! I just finished eating some and I have to say that it's probably the best pasta salad I've ever had! Soooo yummy! Thanks so much for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenna! You made my day with your comment. I am so happy you tried this and loved it! You are a real sweetheart for giving me this comment love. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. This looks and sounds so yummy...I love every single ingredient! YUM! Thanks for the great share! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! You are a doll! I love this pasta and I bet you will too when you try it :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds and looks yummy! I love pasta salad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so good! I love pesto and pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks really, REALLY good. I am such a pesto fan, but I NEVER cook with it because I have a few nut allergies in the house! Can I come and eat with you? ;)

    Nicole from OrWhateverYouDo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow- now that looks great! Grabbing my fork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG - this reminds me of my FAVORITE greek pasta salad - YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete