-

6/4/12

Welcome to Inspiration Cafe ~ OPEN EVERY MONDAY 'TIL LATE

Thanks for stopping by!!!  

We are hanging out with sweet Natalie from Northshore Days today. 

I love Natalie!  

She is so talented and she has such a cheerful and positive presence...even across oceans.  
I think you're gonna love her too.  

Meet Natalie:


Coming Soon...... 5 more sleeps


Hello Everyone and welcome to our very first Inspiration Cafe post.. So exciting!!!

So grab your coffee and lets get started.

Just a quick little intro about myself...

My name is Natalie and I am the lucky mum of 3 lively, sweet kids and wife to an awesome hardworking man. I live on the beautiful NorthShore in Auckland, New Zealand and I blog about my crafts, love of all things painted white, Jewelry and kids at Northshore Days.

Me and my beautiful Payton

 

Today I'm going to show you how I made this beachy bracelet. 
Its really easy and of course the sky is your limit with projects like this.

Recently I discovered I actually liked memory wire after years of avoiding it for some reason. So I'm loving creating all kinds of looks with it. And I have been inspired, quite a lot by my environment, last month I created a Winter inspired bracelet and this week the beach has been calling....

The image I had of the beach is one of my favourites (and its my blog header too). Look at the rich colours, the sand and the greenish hue of the sea. It threatened a storm that day and there was a yellow tinge to everything.


What you need: 

beads of varying sizes, shapes and colours
charms for your theme - I used shells and starfish
jump rings to attach the charms to the bracelet
memory wire cut to your desired length - mine wraps around my wrist 5 times

Using a pair of long nosed pliers bend one end of the wire to form a loop. 
Then thread your beads and charms on, and end off again with another loop.
 So simple!
However, if you're anything like me, you will re-thread your beads over and over untill you're happy with the look...


 Then you throw your family into the car for a trip to the beach and a photo shoot....


 I think this is by far my favourite creation yet. At least when I wear it this winter it will remind me of the beach and put some cheer into our cold dark days.
 
 I hope you enjoyed our first post and that you feel inspired to create this week.

Let us know if you make any of our creations - we would love to pop round for a visit to your blogs.

We will see you again next week, Mary from Sweet Little Bluebird will be sharing a yummy recipe with us all.

Don't forget to leave some comment love...

Take care

xxx

 
Photobucket

3 comments :

  1. Thank you for the lovely intro sweetie - I love ya too - biggest hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously gorgeous, amazing!! Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower!
    Hope you are having a great start to your week!!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, and your photography is stunning! Love this post, I really ought to get some memory wire, too.

    ReplyDelete