-

11/3/11

Welcome! Craft Room Storage Cabinets

Welcome to  PONDERED PRIMED PERFECTED !  We are a forty-ish couple with two kids, a dog and a mortgage.  This blog will chronicle our PROJECTS together.  Big or small.  Success or Failure.  Laughter AND tears.  We won't always agree on how things should be done but in the end we make a darn good team and accomplish a lot.  We are not EXPERTS...  We both know a little about a lot of different things.  Come by to catch us improving, updating, replacing, re purposing, recovering, and refinishing whatever we can get our hands on. 


Mostly we just want to satisfy that creative voice inside of us that is just crying out to be heard...
We hope you will find something interesting, helpful or even humorous here!

Post #1!!!
This is my home office and crafting space:


My Creative Space
This room used to be our family room but we moved our television to the living room and now that's where the family hangs out. Go figure. ;) This room is a perpetual work-in-progress. It is where I humor the part of me that craves rearranging and staging.   It has become a multi-functional room ~ housing my home office and my craft supplies in those amazing louvred cabinets.  And NO, They are not finished!!!   I cannot wait to post about those cabinets being finished, believe me.  But for now...

Here is what they looked like when we brought them home from a friends garage ~FREE~:


And here they are after we (*most of the credit to my Honey) had added a nice fresh coat of creamy white paint:
(See that whtie desk?  That used to be our dining table until I had The Handy Man cut it down to desk size for my office/craft space...wait 'til you see what we did with the piece we cut off!  Future post alert!!)

They don't have doors on them yet because Stud Muffin kept having issues with brown bleeding through even after several coats of paint and primer.
What!?  Are you serious, Honey?  Let me try!!!
After a little eye rolling and a couple of chuckles from The Handy Man, I worked my magic.  Not with his fancy commercial sprayer, mind you.  I pulled out my trusty can of ivory spray paint and went to town. 

What!?  No more yucky brown smudges bleeding through? 
The doors are an entirely different color than the cabinet base but who cares?  We still have some trimming to do, some holes to fill and then I think another coat of paint to even out the color.  But for now I have filled them with all of my scrapping, crafting, drawing, painting, bill paying goodness. 


What do you think?

Finally, to show you just a glimpse of why we have so much fun together on our projects.  Check out what my Darling Hubby looked like when he came to tell me he had finished spraying the cabinets:


And here he is again after I told him what was so unbelievably funny:


Do you think he needed a bit more ventilation in that spray booth he rigged up out back?
(Sorry it's blurry.  I was just laughing so hard I couldn't hold the camera steady!)


Enjoy your projects,
Sherry

***Updated Cabinet***

21 comments :

  1. what a wonderful husband you have

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pics of The Handy Man! And this room is so beautiful. ~~Amie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amie. That means a lot to me! The Handy Man says hi to you and D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry you are so talented....Please come spend a week with me and HELP with my place!! You have a wonderful hubby :) love ya both...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, maybe that can be arranged...where do you live. Bonus if you are in Hawaii or Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I even like the mix of white and ivory!! Good job to you and your wonderful handy man!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cabinet and the shutter doors! I bet Hubby was high on paint fumes in the 2nd picture. Great job and thanks for linking to the Open House Party.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL your hubby is a sweet man to allow you to post his pic like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hubby is a very sweet man with a great sense of humor! THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your crafting space is gorgeous! And hopefully that husband of yours has fully recovered! Please come link this up to the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the best!!! I love love your new craft area. You don't want to see my craft area...we live in a little apt. But you have inspired me I don't need alot of space to make it look nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much tripletasking! It is so nice to hear that I can inspire!!! My room really isn't very large but I am lucky enough that we had an extra room to claim as my own. And to get those cabinets for free, well, what can I say? Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha- oh my!! your poor hubby!! The cabinet is darling- thanks for sharing it at Feathered Nest Friday! The party is up early this week on Wednesday evening because of the Holiday- hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol. The cupboard looks like it holds wonderful things!
    Shannon
    www.akadesign.ca

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's gorgeous! Love your pretty space. Your husband is a good sport! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol lol too funny and the cabinet looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This room looks so calm and peaceful-a great place to get creative! I am hosting my first ever link party this weekend and I would love it if you popped over to link up some of your cutie stuff!

    Thanks, Kim

    http://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/2011/12/get-schooled-saturday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. sherry,
    welcome to blogland! and congrats on your first post...it was a great repurposing project despite the white faced man behind the curtain! how long did it take to get that paint off!?

    i love your craft studio...the desk aka kitchen table, those chairs!, and especially that cabinet. look forward to more of your projects.
    judi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaha...Judy...we got alot of that day but around his eyes...that was a different story! He had white eyelashes for about a week and what looked like white eyeliner for a couple days. We got a lot of laughs out of it. He is a good sport though. Thanks for your sweet comments!!! We are having fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i do not envy you- louvered doors are NOT fun to paint! you did a fabulous job and they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete