-

9/20/12

Spicy Mango Shrimp Saute

Hi!

I've been attempting a wheat/gluten free week.  I'm trying to find solutions to a lack of energy I've been feeling lately.  There are some pretty obvious factors that are affecting me:  stress & insomnia to name a couple.  Otherwise, I think  I'm doing pretty good with my lifestyle. 

I exercise 3-5 days a week. 

I eat fairly healthy:  lots of fresh fruits & veggies, lean proteins, whole wheats, light on the sweets & desserts. 

I do love my morning coffee with cream, chocolate treats, an occasional alcoholic beverage, and I love cheese!

So beyond reducing stress, getting more sleep and cutting out all of my favorite things (yeah, right!)...what can I do to increase my energy level?  I thought I'd try a little experiment this week and cut out wheat products completely.  Next week I'm hoping to attempt cutting out dairy.  I have just been hearing and reading so much about the affects of wheat and dairy on our bodies so I thought I'd give it a try.

Three days in and I haven't noticed that I've gained any real substantial energy yet, but I've lost three pounds!  WooHoo!!!  Bonus!  :)  I'll keep you posted on how the rest of the week goes.  I'll try to keep updates on FACEBOOK too, if you follow me there...if not please do. 

Today I whipped up some Spicy Mango Shrimp for lunch.  It was delicious and went a long way in helping me NOT feel deprived with the lack of wheat products.

HERE'S THE RECIPE:


Spicy Mango Shrimp Saute

Ingredients:
Shrimp ~ I used Waterfront Bistro 51/60 ct. cooked and frozen
Peppers & Onions ~ I used a bag of frozen red & green peppers & onions
Spicy Mango Marinade ~ K.C. Masterpiece
Olive Oil

Boil water and cook shrimp just long enough to heat through. (Please follow heating directions on package if you use frozen uncooked shrimp).
Put a Tablespoon (more or less) of Olive Oil in saute pan ~ saute peppers and onions until cooked and soft.
Add shrimp and spicy mango marinade, I used enough for one serving of each.  
Stir and saute for a couple of minutes. 
Plate, Serve & Enjoy

Eating Healthy makes me feel happy!


3 comments :

  1. Sherry, I know we already talked about this at the IC, but I am very interested in you doing this diet and your posts about it. I find it intriguing and am just beginning to learn a little about it. I did not know that KC Masterpiece made a Spicy Mango! Certainly looks like a perfect match for your shrimp! Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I think we are going to be grilling shrimp this weekend.

    ReplyDelete