-

9/17/12

Three Band-Aid Kinda Day ~ The Happiness Agenda ~ A New Series

It’s 10 a.m. on Monday.

So far it’s a 3 Band-Aid kind of day.



3 five-year-olds and a 2 year-old play in the sunshine.

It’s the “off” day for kindergarten.



Warm sun lights up my face and crinkles my eyes.



I am a sun-worshipper by nature. Unapologetic. My sweater hangs forgotten on the fence.

 

The sidewalk chalk is long gone, although the smudges remain behind to prove it’s existence. Someday soon the rain will wash these remnants away…let’s hope not too quickly.

 

Bubble blowing has taken over the scene.



The challenge ~ to catch a bubble on the end of your wand.



It’s called a “Sandy House” in case you’re not a Spongebob fan. Lol. It’s easy to imagine these sunny days going on forever. 2 cups of coffee and a multi-vitamin have left me feeling a-jitter physically, as well as mentally. Fall is closing in ~ The days getting shorter. The evenings cooler. I’m reluctant to see summer slipping away…



How will we hold onto the sunny smiles and thoughts even as the long summer days become no more than a precious memory?

Here's my list of things I can do to help stave off the winter doldrums:
  • Get outdoors as much as possible during "sunlight" hours
  • Get plenty of sleep
  • Take a Vitamin D supplement
  • Foster relationships with friends that have a positive influence on me
  • Eat healthy and exercise regularly
  • Pursue wintertime leisure activities (IDK -scrapbooking or bowling, maybe?)
  • Avoid my tendency to “hibernate” during the short, dark winter months
  • Acknowledge and appreciate the many blessings in my life
  • Brighten up my spaces with cheerful décor and things that make me feel happy
What do you do to keep feeling sunny and positive in the darkest months of the year?

I would love to hear about your smile inducing ideas!

Hoping to spread some happiness here:
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/
http://www.atthepicketfence.com/

5 comments :

  1. I love this - what a fantastic post Sherry! Just coming out a long dark winter- here's what I did to keep me positive - do bright and cheerful mini decor crafts - to remind me of the beach and sunny days. Hang glittery suncatchers in the windows to sparkle in the winter sun. Eat ice-cream lol... and get out into the sun when ever you can...
    And to keep smiling <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eat Ice Cream!!! That's so funny...lol. Anything that reminds me of sunny beach days makes me happy too. :) I like the suncatcher idea...might have to try that. Thanks Nat!

      Delete
  2. Loved this post. And I, like you, am holding on for dear life to the warmth. I try and keep busy with sewing and creating things throughout the winter. I find I have a bit more time to do crafty stuff because there's less time spent outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, loved this post. The photos are beautiful. I really loved your list of things I can do to help stave off the winter doldrums - I am one to hibernate in the winter... I'm going to put some of your tips to use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a beautiful post with lovely pictures! Your list is good advice for everyone. I happen to love winter and outdoor winter activities, but when it gets too grey for too long, I love to go to greenhouses. They are always so bright and the air is so fresh...just a reminder of the spring to come. I usually come home with a new houseplant to remind me of the day.

    ReplyDelete