-

7/23/12

Who needs flowers anyway? How about a stick of pepperoni?

This is my Pepperoni Lovers' Bouquet


I made it for this really cool gal.  She's a new friend to me but something about her makes me feel like we've been friends for a very long time.  Maybe it's the way we can talk about anything.  Or that she doesn't make me feel bad for being needy or sensitive. 

Yeah, I get that way sometimes.  :)  Doesn't everybody!?

And she is always doing special and thoughtful things for me.  Like bringing me lunch when I'm having a yard sale by myself.   Or keeping my boy overnight when I have a friend coming from out of town - so we can have some quality "girl time" without worrying about kids.

So I wanted to do something special for her.  I'd heard her say on several occasions that she'd take pepperoni sticks over cookies, candies and chocolates any day. 

Whaaat????  Serious????

Okay, so she might have a loose screw or two.  <Just joking Tina, I swear!>

So here's what I came up with in one of my moments that I like to refer to as "a moment of genius".  <Really, I jest!>

I don't have step-by-step photos but I think I can walk you through this.  ;)
 Take some pepperoni sticks and poke a toothpick perpendicular through one end.

 Using a cookie cutter - cut some provolone cheese (or another sliced cheese of choice) into circular or flower type shapes.   A bisquit cutter would work for this too.  Add the cheese shapes to the pepperoni "stems" by poking the toothpick throught the center of the cheese.

 Add some pepperoni slices after the cheese...one or several...it's up to you.  Layer them on like flower petals.

 Finally, poke a grape on the end of the toothpick to finish off your "flowers".

Once you have several put together you can place them in a small vase and add some ribbon or raffia to pretty it up a bit.


 And now you have an edible bouquet to give to someone special or have as a centerpiece at some fun event.  It's that easy!  My friend, Tina, LOVED IT! 

Yeah!





2 comments :

  1. I did LOVE it!!!!! Best gift I have ever received, your the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. My husband would love a meat bouquet.

    ReplyDelete